Sunday, July 18, 2010

Busto

Well after two posts to start with i fell right off the blogging bandwagon and into the depth of oblivion. I never thought i would get out until todays pace run in busto with burgerman. This run inspried me to reignite the flame and jump right back on the wagon i was originally on....for 2 posts.

This time i will hopefully update my blog frequently to keep everyone updated. Providing i have time as the wait between meals at the d120 hotel can chew into some serious blogging time.

Its been a few races since my last blog. In fact three; World Uni games, Madrid dextro and Holten world cup. In summary, i was happy with one and the other two felt like a bit of a constant battle with myself throughout the race.

World Uni games was my first crack at a race which i was reasonably happy with considering id only been overseas for a week. Finished up a solid 9th but could never really get going.

Madrid was my first Dextro race and i was pretty exited for this one. After an ordinary swim and what was probably the single most brutal few laps of a bike leg that i have ever been invloved in, i got myself (somehow) back into the race...and made the most of it. On the 5th lap a breakway formed with 3 of us and that stayed away till the end other than 7 other bridging across. The run felt much like a brisk walk but for some reason was holding my own ok. The run felt very similar to Mooloolaba in that everyone looked to be feeling the same way...rubbish. In the end i finished up in 20th spot...the result doesnt sound incredible..which it isnt by any means, but it felt like a pretty solid debut for my first dextro.

Getting ever closer to the now was Holten World Cup a week ago. In between Madrid and holten i travelled back to aus for my exams for about 3 weeks. I have never had such a cold 3 weeks in all my life. I was glad to get back to Europe as any longer and i think i would have been shown the exit door. Anyhow, Holten is a pretty cool place..very small and reminds me a lot of Ballarat...minus the heat. Race day was extremely warm, 37 degrees apparently during the race. It definately felt it. After another quite ordinary swim i jumped on the bike around 2nd group. We had about 15 seconds to make up and as i was battling with the firey hot road i looked across to see a rider that had passed me like i was standing still...which turned out to be Colucci who basically single handedly rode us back up to the group. After that it was just about sitting near the front and conserving energy. When you dont have much energy to conserve in the first place where does that leave you?......well it left me quite tired coming into T2 but still had quite a good possi coming in. I took off and what felt like a stampede of runners went straight passed me. I tried to tell myself that those guys are going out too hard, some of them were which meant i saw them later on the race..but most werent. I ran ok but in general i stung out quite a bit. I finished in 20th place which i was pretty disapointed with.

And that brings me to good old Busto Arsizio..where im training the house down in preperation for Tizzie world cup in a few weeks. The weather here has been perfect thus far. It has taken a while to find some good running but i think ive finally found the towns calling on quite a busy trail/track that i havent found the end of yet. Will probably write in tomorrow with more of an update on Busto.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment